Thursday, January 31, 2013

Week 4 EOC: Jeopardy Game

Today's class assignment was to play the game of Jeopardy which we had to build ourselves. The formula was to create questions using the definitions related to a wide rage of patent law. It was challenging, yet a great way of studing. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to create a game and study in this way. Although many of the questions can point to the same definition, there are key words you must look for in order to determine the correct answer. I discovered this as we were playing the game. Having read many of the definitions some of them sound simular to another definition, however it is due to the related terms.

Many of these terms for patent law do not relate directly to my business which is fashion & retail management, however the knowledge that I'm receiving is definitely for my benefit and will assist me in making very important decisions regarding the process of creating garments and protecting my work. Contracts on the otherhand will be a major part of my business and this class is helping me to understand some basic information that will in turn allow me to ask an attorney the right questions.

The information I've learned thus far has tought me to think in a whole new way.  My creative juices are flowing in a direction which may lead me to create my own fabric. All this information related to inventing makes me want to invent something! I'm really looking forward to learning more about copyrights and trademarks as these will be a major part of my business. Many of my questions will be answered in these chapters and I now have the perfect study plan. Not only for this class, but I can use this game layout to study anything thanks to my instructor for this wonderful idea. Learning something new everyday is fun, however when you make it this fun learning a few new things everyday is really not so challenging!



No comments:

Post a Comment